Why is Tomcat serving the error pages? I try to go to catalog2.html which I know doesnt exist and I get the Tomcat error page, however in the Apache logs there is the log of me requesting catalog2.html.

I know it must have something to do with my workers2.properties setting have the uri:/* set

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: Tomcat Users List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: seperate development spaces on same server/tomcat
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 15:44:07 -0500

On Tue, Sep 21, 2004 at 02:10:42PM -0400, Shapira, Yoav wrote:
> For development, drop Apache httpd, drop the connectors, drop the notion
> of CATALINA_BASE.  Simply install Tomcat x separate times to x separate
> directories, with nothing in common.  That's it.

        or, if your developers can deal with not restarting tomcat all the time
(or notifying the others when they do), then you can just install you app
to a separate path within a single tomcat instance and save the overhead
of extra tomcat instances.

        If you're using the ant deploy task, it would look something like this:
<deploy url="http://${tomcaturl}/manager";
            username="${manager_username}" password="${password}"
            path="/yourapp.${username}"
            war="yourapp.war"/>

You just have to give the developers access to the user that is running
tomcat.  I have a script that uses sudo to restart it when needed.  It
works reasonably well.

eric

Powerful Parental Controls Let your child discover the best the Internet has to offer. http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-ca&page=byoa/prem&xAPID=1994&DI=1034&SU=http://hotmail.com/enca&HL=Market_MSNIS_Taglines Start enjoying all the benefits of MSNŽ Premium right now and get the first two months FREE*.