On Mon, Oct 18, 2004 at 10:55:28AM +0200, Narayan, Satya wrote:
: I tried having different jars with the same class. As far my test goes the WebApp
Class Loader picked up the jars in alphabetical order.
: I tried with tomcat 5.5 under Windows 2000 file system.
: I looked through the code of WebApp Class loader but couldnot gather much.
:
: Is picking jar files within a respository alphabetical or random ?

Specifically, what are you trying to do?

Sharing your end-goal may be easier than trying to ask about JAR loading
specifics.

Long story short: for a portable webapp with predictable behavior, you
shouldn't rely on JAR loading order.

-QM

--

software  -- http://www.brandxdev.net