From: Darren Grant [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Sent: Friday, October 22, 2004 6:08 AM
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: webdav help
>
> The example webdav servlet allows you to log into
> "http://localhost:8080/webdav"; and gives you access to the
> /$CATALINA_HOME/webapps/webdav/ folder which contains 3 files
> (index.html, tomcat.gif, tomcat-power.gif)... how does that help you
> when the web files for the default "http://localhost:8080"; are in
> /$CATALINA_HOME/webapps/ROOT/ folder?

It doesn't. It only gives access to the /$CATALINA_HOME/webapps/webdav/ folder
and below. This is by design.

> Am I missing something simple here? Where should the
> production website
> be deployed? And how do you use the simple webdav servlet to give you
> access to it?

If you web site is 100% static content you can add the webdav servlet to your
webapp and use it to edit your static content - make sure you get the security
right. If you have any dynamic content then this isn't going to work. The
fundamental problem is differentiating between a request for the dynamic content
and a request to retrieve the resource for editing.

HTH

Mark