From: Darren Grant [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Sent: Friday, October 22, 2004 6:08 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: webdav help

The example webdav servlet allows you to log into "http://localhost:8080/webdav"; and gives you access to the /$CATALINA_HOME/webapps/webdav/ folder which contains 3 files (index.html, tomcat.gif, tomcat-power.gif)... how does that help you when the web files for the default "http://localhost:8080"; are in /$CATALINA_HOME/webapps/ROOT/ folder?

It doesn't. It only gives access to the /$CATALINA_HOME/webapps/webdav/ folder and below. This is by design.

Am I missing something simple here? Where should the production website be deployed? And how do you use the simple webdav servlet to give you access to it?

If you web site is 100% static content you can add the webdav servlet to your webapp and use it to edit your static content - make sure you get the security right. If you have any dynamic content then this isn't going to work. The fundamental problem is differentiating between a request for the dynamic content and a request to retrieve the resource for editing.

HTH

Mark