Your post below is very strongly related to the one I posted at about the
same time. ("RE: JNDI DataSource GlobalResources problem").

I think I'm right in saying that you can replace a server.xml <Resource>
element with a we.xml <resource-ref>, but I don't know that there is an
analogous way to migrate <ResourceParams> to web.xml - but I stand to be
corrected.  In fact if this is possible I'd be keen to hear how!

Element ordering in web.xml is a different topic, and one that has passed me
by.  I'm aware that some docs talk about it, but I've always just slapped
things in web.xml in any old order and never had a problem !  Seriously
though, I think ordering restrictons were relaxed at some point in the
recent past.  I've just done a google search but couldn't pinpoint an
answer.