Thanks, Allistair, you suggestion worked.  Port 8080 was being used by
Oracle and switching to 9090 was the solution.

-----Original Message-----
From: Allistair Crossley [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, November 04, 2004 7:46 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: Address already in use:JVM_BIND:8080

this means you are running other software on Tomcat's default port 8080.
This may either be another tomcat? or some other process.

Load a command prompt and type

netstat -an

this will show you if anything is listening on 8080. There is also a tool
http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/procexp.shtml

that may help you find out what is listening on port 8080. it will not be
IIS unless you have setup another site with 8080.

If after all this you cannot find out what is binding 8080, edit server.xml
in tomcat/conf and change 8080 to 9090.

Allistair.

QAS Ltd.
Developers of QuickAddress Software