On Tue, Nov 16, 2004 at 08:35:55AM -0800, Ken  Sims wrote:
: Can anyone tell me how I can obtain the value of docBase from my
: application's (JSP) context?   I would like to use it to help me form
: hrefs for my pages

In addition to the other advice you've received, you could do this
within the JSP itself using JSTL and EL.  The <c:url/> tag creates
context-relative links:

First, create a string variable with the link path:
        <c:url value="/some/page/or/image" var="link"/>

Then, use it in a link or image tag:
        <A HREF="${link}">link text</A>

-QM

--