Hi,

>But you know, I submitted a logging page doc patch over a week ago and
it's
>still not there, and since then there have been many posts asking about
>this problem. I don't find that encouraging.

As I responded, your patch has been committed, and it will be available
in the next release.  If you want something sooner or more dynamic,
that's why we have a wiki.

>Also, there is very little documentation on how to even document!
Tomcat
>developers make a lot of suggestions to people to "go write a document
>then" but never cite a definitive reference for how one would do that.
>There's a small page on how to build Tomcat but that's your lot (please
>correct me if I am wrong!). So that's a page I think could be helpful.

There's the tech guide at http://www.apache.org/dev/contributors.html.
The xdoc format is self-explanatory.  Then you submit your patches in
Bugzilla and we take care of building them.

>Let's get a page detailing a step by step how to write and contribute
>documentation and then let's get Tomcat's docs up to scratch by really
>considering the areas that come up time and again in the lists and
making
>the Tomcat documentation deserving of its functional reputation.

I've added a section to the wiki page at
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-tomcat/HowTo.

I'm glad you have the time to help, and I look forward to seeing your
contributions.

Happy thanksgiving ;)

Yoav Shapira http://www.yoavshapira.com

and/or privileged.  This e-mail is intended only for the individual(s) to whom
it is addressed, and may not be saved, copied, printed, disclosed or used by
anyone else.  If you are not the(an) intended recipient, please immediately