From: "Eric VERGNAUD" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Yes it's simple. I was just wondering whether there was a preferred method
> for this, and maybe a folder in the Tomcat directory for that purpose.

Nothing in the Servlet Specification requires Tomcat to provide you with a
permanent place to put uploaded files.

My advice would be to put them outside of Tomcat, and write a thin layer to
insulate the Servlet from whatever decisions you're making today.  That way,
if you decide at some point in the future to put the files in a database, or
do something else with them, you don't have to mess with the Servlet code.
Your Servlet shouldn't know or care where the files are, it should just call
'read' or 'write' and let the data access layer deal with the details.

--
Wendy Smoak