> From: Aris Javier [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: RE: Help: Windows Server on Linux Client
>
> I've changed my server.xml to port 80 and disconnected IIS...
> but "page cannot be displayed" appeared...?

The first thing to try is a clean Tomcat install, updating server.xml to the
desired port if needed.  Verify that the Tomcat welcome page can be displayed,
and that the sample applications operate correctly.  Once that's done, then try
deploying your app, carefully following the Tomcat how-to docs about deploying
apps for your level (4.1, 5.0, and 5.5 all differ somewhat in configuration
capabilities and deatils).

> then, how to go to Tomcat web manager? http://server:80?

If you're using 5.5, you have to download and install the manager app; on
earlier levels, it's included in the main download.  Once installed, the
manager is normally accessed by http://server[:port]/manager/html.  If you've
configured the port to be 80, you don't need to specify it, since that's the
one a browser uses by default.  Before you can use the default manager app, you
must configure a userid and password for the manager role in the
tomcat-users.xml file.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.