"Joel R. Cochran" wrote:

> Thanks Bo,
>
> I tried to install it...but.....
>
> 1. I've extracted both .zip files
> 2. Set TOMCAT_HOME to my directory
> 3. Tried to execute "bin\startup"
> 4. Received the following:
>         C:\Tomcat\jakarta-tomcat-3.2.1>bin\startup
>         Out of environment space
>         Out of environment space
>         Unable to determine the value of TOMCAT_HOME.
>         C:\Tomcat\jakarta-tomcat-3.2.1>
>
> What did I do wrong? (I am not new to PCs or development, but I am new to
> developing on PCs!)
>
> Joel
> [...]

// haha:-)   I found the following  in my "local file in which I put
experience",
I didn't try by myself, please try :-)

and don't forget to set JAVA_HOME=E:\JDK1.3(or other version)

<haha>
<good-experience>
Just type the following:

c:\ COMMAND.COM /E:4096 /P

This would increase the memory for environment and hence to get you tomcat
start running!

Dick Poon