What if you don't include the JSP file but "include" the related JAVA
file and use CLASSPATH?  Will that work?  You cannot, of course, make
this dynamic, since you have class loader issues.  The biggest issue
is the class loader issue.  You might create a set of interfaces and
implemenations outside your web application that allow dynamic
reloading.  I don't see, however, why your edited files are not just
popped into your web application without issues?

Jack

On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 12:22:50 -0800 (PST), [EMAIL PROTECTED]
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We have a web application that is overwritten each time we push a new
> version of the code into production.  However, we have jsp files that are
> included by the web application (dynamically via a jsp:include), but are
> edited outside of the web application... and should not be overwritten
> just because the core code is updated.
>
> What is the best practice for including jsp files that exist outside the
> web application?  I have seen a couple of threads of putting these
> "included" jsp files in a separate web application that is not
> overwritten... but I was wondering if there was a better solution.
>
> Thank you,
> -Raiden Johnson

~Dakota Jack~

~Native Proverb~

"This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information.
addressee, you must not use, copy, disclose, or take any action based
on this message or any information herein. If you have received this