Tim Funk wrote:

Odd, I do not have this problem.

Make sure you are building to a scratchpad. This means your web.xml is copied to a new location before you precompile. Then JSPC can edit it in place and you no not lose any of your changes.

To get around the relative pathing issue - prefix your build with ${basedir}. For example:
<jasper2 compile="true"
validateXml="false"
uriroot="${basedir}/${build.dir}"
poolingEnabled="false"
webXmlFragment="${basedir}/${build.dir}/WEB-INF/generated_web.xml"
addWebXmlMappings="true"
outputDir="${basedir}/${jspc.base}"/>

JspC can acually edit web.xml? Where is this documented? I can't find any documentation of the jasper2 task except the old outdated jspc task (including all the options/attributes) that is included with Ant.

Given that I have the whole web application in a directory called webapp, whats the complete jasper2 command to transfor it into a webapp with compiled jsps?

Regards,

Andreas