Hi all,

I'm using TC 5.0.30.

JSTL Is working fine -- I have the standard.jar and jstl.jar files in my "WEB-INF/lib" directory.

The problem is that I have several web applications that use JSTL and therefore several "WEB-INF/lib" directories. Rather than copy the aforementioned JAR files to *every* "WEB-INF/lib" directory I'd rather put them in one central location and have them available for *ALL* web applications.

According to the crappy Tomcat documentation that's never updated, I should be able to put the JARs in "$CATALINA_HOME/shared/lib". Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to work with these two JARs for some reason. Instead, I have to put them in $CATALINA_HOME/common/lib (which seems to work, for some reason).

Why can't I just put these two JARs in "$CATALINA_HOME/shared/lib" and have them shared across all web applications, as the Tomcat documentation on "Classloading" indicates I should be able to? It seems very odd that I can either copy the JARs to every WEB-INF/lib directory *OR* put them in $CATALINA_HOME/common/lib, but not put them "$CATALINA_HOME/shared/lib".

Thanks....