Mario Winterer wrote:

Hi!

I'm running a web application that is under CVS, which means my web application contains a lot of CVS-related directories (for the CVS-metadata).
Is there a possibility to tell Tomcat to hide or protect all those "CVS" directories? More general, what I need is a way to hide/protect all files or directories with the name pattern "*/CVS/*".
As far as I know, neither a servlet/filter-mapping nor a security constraint support this type of pattern (with two wildcards).
So I think, the only way to protect my resources is to implement a custom filter that is mapped against "/" and checks every incoming request.

Is there a better approach?

Yes, there is. Use some build tool for your operations, like "Apache Ant". Ant can pull neccessary files from the CVS, copy them to the staging area, package WAR and deploy it to Tomcat. All nice and clean.

Nix.