Thanks for your reply. I think JVM rules said that there should be 1
reference per JVM for a static variable. Tomcat class loader creates
separate instance of a static variable for each webapps. I am just
trying to understand how class loader works in tomcat.

Thanks,
Anshaj

On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 06:41:29 -0500, Tim Funk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Put the class in the common or shared classloader.
>
> -Tim
>
> Anshaj Mathur wrote:
>
> > Dear group,
> >
> >          I have public class which contains a static
> > variable type integer. I am running different webapps
> > inside single instance of tomcat. I initiated this
> > class in different webapps. I increased the count from
> > a webapp and tried to see it from different webapp. I
> > found that count was not increased in other webapp. It
> > was showing the original count.
> > Am I braking any laws of tomcat security.

v1.2a r TW 0/0/ FD + 0 DSotM 3 100 21.3% <3jan5>