Dominik, that worked!  Champion!!!

My revised context.xml looks like this:
<Context path="/mind"
docBase="D:/Development/Projects/mind/src/webapp" debug="99"
reloadable="true">
        <Resource name="jdbc/MindDB" auth="Container"
type="javax.sql.DataSource"
                maxActive="100" maxIdle="30" maxWait="10000"
                username="mind" password="*******"
driverClassName="org.postgresql.Driver"
                url="jdbc:postgresql://localhost/mind"/>

        <Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.DataSourceRealm" debug="99"
                dataSourceName="jdbc/MindDB" localDataSource="true"
                userTable="mind_user" userNameCol="alias" userCredCol="password"
                userRoleTable="mind_user_role" roleNameCol="name"/>
</Context>

--
Jar-Jar makes the Ewoks look like f*%#ing Shaft! -  Tim Bisley