From: David Smith [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wed 2/9/2005 6:02 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Trouble getting CGI script to execute

I know I'm coming into this very late.  I was hoping Mark was going to
nail this on the head for you -- especially since I don't actually use
the cgi-servlets piece in my stuff.  But I also hate to see a problem
like this get stalled.

Question 1:  This is a basic one, but I've had my share of Homer Simpson
moments.  Did you restart the server after renaming
$CATALINA_HOME/server/lib/servlets-cgi.renametojar to
$CATALINA/server/lib/servlets-cgi.jar and uncommenting the relevant
parts of $CATALINA_HOME/conf/web.xml?

Question 2: What do you have in your web.xml file for servlet mappings?
It seems to me some kind of mapping is overriding the mappings in
$CATALINA_HOME/conf/web.xml and simply offering the file from
WEB-INF/cgi-bin/ rather than executing it.

--David