Hi,

I have an unpacked ROOT webapp and if I change the
web.xml for it, the webapp gets reloaded. However if I
change the META-INF/context.xml for it, it doesn't get
reloaded. It's a WatchedResource too like web.xml. All
I'm doing is changing a context-param value in
context.xml (as a trivial example to explain my
issue).

When I change context.xml, I get this in the log:
Feb 13, 2005 6:11:39 PM
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig checkResources
INFO: Reloading context []

So it looks like it should be reloaded, but it
doesn't.

In:
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.5-doc/config/context.html

There is:
<snip>
WatchedResource - The auto deployer will monitor the
specified static resource of the web application for
updates, and will reload the web application if is is
updated. The content of this element must be a string.
</snip>

So I'm not dreaming.

I've also tried restaring the webapp with the manager
webapp and still no change.

Anyone else have the same issue? Am I doing something
wrong? Otherwise I'm going to enter it as a bug.

thanks,
Trev