Hi,
   Can perhaps the settings of cacheAllowed nullify
the changes you just made?  cacheAllowed - If the
value of this flag is true, the cache for static
resources will be used. If not specified, the default
value of the flag is true.

aka_sergio

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.5-doc/config/context.html