I've just been trying to confrm the "vulnerability" without any luck.

Any place in the "wild" where we could find such a problem?

I've tried replacing:

http://www.server.dom/jsp/test.jsp

with:

http://www.server.dom/jsp/test.jsp%0008

in a number of setups without any results.

Cheers,

Michiel

Norris Shelton wrote:

A co-worker that supports a federal sight just got an e-mail
from their admins indicating that his site is exposing jsp
source code when they appent %0008 to the end of their URLs. The view source shows his exact pages.

He is using Tomcat 4.1.30 and JDK 1.4.2_05

I tired it on my servers (TC 4.1.30 and JDK 1.4.2_06).  Is this
a JRE vulnerability?

=====

Norris Shelton
Software Engineer
Sun Certified Java 1.1 Programmer
Appriss, Inc.
ICQ# 26487421
AIM NorrisEShelton
YIM norrisshelton

Michiel Toneman  Software Engineer   Bibit Global Payment Services
Regulierenring 10  3981 LB  Bunnik       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Tel. +31-30-6595168  Fax +31-30-6564464      http://www.bibit.com/