Lionel Farbos wrote:
A question for JK workers :
I see in the JK 1.2.9 roadmap that a dynamic change of workers'properties will
be possible at runtime.

But, actually, when I do "apache reload", the change is possible at runtime without loosing requests. No ?

Yes and no. You will lose all the connections to tomcats on gracefull restart. Not to mention that if you make an syntax error in the config the apache will exit, so you will need to check that before.

It can take up to session time for child to exit 30 seconds or more.

So, what is the innovation of this feature ?

Changes are visible immediately thanks to shared memory, and you are not loosing existing connections. Also the loadbalancer stats are visible for all child processes. And you don't need access to filesystem (except for JkMountFile). It works on all platforms.

Regards,
Mladen.