> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: Installation problems on Windows
>
> The Tomcat 5.x docs on the Jakarta site appear to assume the Windows
> installer will be used in every case... I'm not able to find different
> installation instructions for using the .ZIP distribution. Would the
> instructions for an older version (if available) still apply?

Use the .zip download, and look in the RUNNING.txt file.

Do other Java programs work? (A simple java -version will suffice for a test.)

Have you tried running Tomcat with the .bat scripts rather than as a service?

(You probably should remove the J2EE installation; in the past, it has caused
conflicts with classes supplied in the Tomcat distribution.)

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.