Jason, go to the tomcat site and look how to remove the tomcat service.  You'll
do it on a command line.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Mar 1, 2005 3:04 PM
To: Tomcat Users List <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Installation problems on Windows

Jason,

Definitely *not* a stupid question, as the answer is.... "yes."

Don't know how it got there, and it doesn't work (can't look at properties,
can't start it, probably can't remove it...?)

Undoubtedly an artifact from one of the dozen or so installation attempts.
I've been clearing the aborted installation directories and registry
entries between each attempt... but never looked in the services window.

Running "service remove" does *not* remove the entry, so I'm checking in
the registry again. How else to get this phantom Tomcat service out of
there?

Steve