On Fri, 2005-03-18 at 23:33 -0500, Elihu Smails wrote:
> I am working on a project that uses servlets exclusively.  I would
> like to take advantage of a Model-View-Controller system in order to
> develop my servlets.  For the last servlet project I worked on, I was
> in charge of the "back-end" data processing and did not have to mess
> with HTML.  This time I do have to roll up my sleeves and play with
> HTML.
>
> So I ask the question.  Since the requirement that I have is to use
> servlets only, can I use something like Struts or Java Server Faces?
> I am reading some information and it looks like they both rely on JSP
> to ge the job done.

What is the reason for the ban on using JSPs? A JSP page gets converted
into a servlet; in a sense JSP is just a different syntax for writing
servlets in.

If the reason is simply that the architects don't want run-time
compilation of files, or don't want a java compiler available on the
machine then JSPs can simply be precompiled.

Regards,

Simon