I have tried the following:

a)
Apache/2.0.49 (Win32) DAV/2 mod_jk/1.2.3-dev    security enabled
WWW-Authenticate: Basic realm="ByPassword"

Works fine (I can edit open PDFs, ZIPs, etc from webfolder)

b)
Apache Tomcat 4.1.31 / 5.5.7   security disabled

Works fine

c)
Apache Tomcat 4.1.31 / 5.5.7   security enabled

c.1)
If I try to open a previously uploaded file (when security were disabled)
It works fine.

c.2)
Fails (with PDFs, ZIPs, etc) if I drag a file into the webfolder and next
I'll try to open the same file double-clicking it into the webfolder. It
works with Office files ¿?¿ (I have tried miss-spain.ppt, for example ;)  ).

Using Explorer I have no problem. Also, I can read the file if I drag it
>From the webfolder to another directory.

Disabling security and restarting Tomcat all works fine again.

I am very confused. Do you think it could be a problem when I post ¿? (the
file is not corrupted) ¿? Some type of locking ¿?  (Restarting tomcat
service doesn't seem to correct the problem).