From: Vaneet Sharma [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 08 April 2005 10:57
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: Can you use Tomcat when you are not on line?

Hi wally,

Have u followed the steps properly

1) Check connector PORT number in SERVER.XML
2) if using windows... Create directory with following structure.

   C:\program files \ apache tomcat 5.something\webapps\Test

    now in Test Directory, you should put files like this
Basically folders in Test directory like the following

      Test
        - WEB-INF
                -classes
                - lib

In WEB-INF directory, u must put web.xml file as well.

3) include the context element in SERVER.XML like the following

 <Host name="localhost" debug="1" appBase="webapps" unpackWARs="true"
autoDeploy="true">
                <Context path=""
docBase="/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-5.5.4/webapps/Test" debug="10" />
 </Host>

NOTE: Change the path to your path above for Test directory

Now write a small servlet saying hello and compile and copy in classes
directory
That's it
Vaneet