From: Scholtyssek Siegfried [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: 11 April 2005 09:29
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: HELP Tomcat CGI

Hello,

I use the Apache Tomcat.5.0.16 on the SUNOS 5.8   UNIX

With Tomcat we want execute cgi-scripts. So I modified all in web.xml
and removed the file servlets-cgi.renametojar to servlets-cgi.jar
If I start with Netscape the follow URL:
http://localhost:8080/cgi-bin/test.pl   so I get the follow ERROR:

Can't open perl Script ........./test.pl No such file or direktory
Use -S to search $PATH for it.

If I delete and make a follow link:

rm /usr/bin/perl

ln -s /usr/bin/ksh  /usr/bin/perl    then it is running.

Whats wrong ??? What I have to do, that it is running with ln -s
/usr/local/bin/perl /usr/bin/perl

In the first line of the test.pl I have still #!/usr/local/bin/perl
and I made chmod a+x test.pl and with command from xterm I can execute
it with the full path from the errormessage Can't open perl Script
.....  !

Please help me because I will be else crazzzzzy :-)

Thanks and regards

Siggi