Hi,

On 18 Apr 2005 at 14:19, Woodchuck wrote:

> hihi,
>
> is this what you're trying to achieve?
>
> -have all servlets deployed under Tomcat's webapp directory like usual
> -but then place modified/customized servlets to user's directories
> whenever desired (and this one overrides the webapp one)

Not necessarily override just in their home directory. For example I have
http://serveraddress/~steve/webapps/Test.jsp

which works fine
but if the jsp is using a bean or I put a standalone servlet (with the proper
web.xml
which has a servlet mapping) the bean or servlet can't be found. However they
both
work under the main webapps directory tomcat.