From: Caldarale, Charles R [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, April 21, 2005 9:19 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: OutOfMemoryError - 100 thread limit?

> From: J. Ryan Earl [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: RE: OutOfMemoryError - 100 thread limit?
>
> So let me get this straight, LeeAnn is specifying a maximum
> heap size of 512MB and a minimum size of 128MB.  It looks
> like the heap doesn't get adjusted up when the servlets are
> initializing?  Thus she needs to increase her minimum heapsize,
> so something like -Xms512m should fix it?

Probably not, since I suspect she's running out of perm gen space.
IIRC, the perm gen size is calculated from -Xmx, which is already at
512m.  Using the PrintGCDetails will tell us for sure.  If that shows
perm gen space to be exhausted, then adjusting -XX:MaxPermSize should
fix it.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.