Hi Mandar,

Mandar Vaidya schrieb:
>     I'm trying to change hostname on the tomcat server from localhost to
> my
> server name. After I change it in server.xml, I'm able to go to
> http://servername:8080  url, but I'm not able to go to
> http://servername:8080/admin .  It gives me error.
>
>     Aprreciate any help regarding this.

Instead of changing the name attribute of your Host element from
"localhost" to "servername", you can also simply nest an Alias element
into the Host element:

     <Host name="localhost" ...>
       <Alias>servername</Alias>
     </Host>

However, if you prefer to change the name attribute rather than to add an
alias, make sure to customize the defaultHost attribute of your Engine
element if you only have one Host element inside:

"The default host name, which identifies the Host that will process
requests directed to host names on this server, but which are not
configured in this configuration file. This name MUST match the name
attributes of one of the Host elements nested immediately inside."

!

Best wishes

Lutz