From: Millies, Sebastian [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: 12 May 2005 15:57
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Can a client recapture a session in Tomcat 4.1

Can a client recapture his Tomcat session after he has accidentally closed the browser, provided that the session object still exists on the server?

Would this be a browser-specific thing? After all, I guess I'd need to tell
the browser to persist the session cookie or some such thing. Or would it
work browser-independently using URL-rewriting?

If there is such a mechanism, does it pose any security concerns (e. g.
through Tomcat reusing a session-id for a totally different session?)

We're on Tomcat 4.1. Would the answer be any different for Tomcat 5.0?

Thanks for any enlightenment or additional pointers-. -- Sebastian