hi,

I have to restart tomcat every time whenever the smtp sever, which I used to send mail, is restarted.

I used mail scheduler to retreive mails and send them at a certain period of time.Sometimes the smtp mail server is down, so tomcat prompts me: "javax.mail.MessagingException: unknown smtp host  ". But when the smtp server is up again, tomcat should be able to make a connection to this smtp server. However, it doesn't act in this way, it still recognize that smtp server is down and still can't find smtp mail sever.

In the coding, it retreives the mails from the queue and make a new connetion to mail server at a certain period of time. But it looks like the connection is never being made.

Does anyone have similar situations like this?

Thanks a lot,

Hong