From: Will Hartung [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, May 16, 2005 4:43 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: How to do "Downtime" with a Apache/Tomcat webapp

We have an alternate httpd.conf file for Apache that is configured to
send everybody to "site down come back later" static site, then we
simply bounce Apache with the new config.

It's is not particularly subtle, but we're not a 24x7 site so much, and
it's more to let folks coming in know what's happening.

But it's simple and quick.

Regards,

Will Hartung
([EMAIL PROTECTED])