OK glad someone else said that because I don't get this either but didn't
reply because I assumed I must have misunderstood.  Dola, apologies in
advance if I have got the wrong end of the stick, but are you saying that
you want to install an app on many PCs, and the app does not need to
interact with a separate server machine, and you plan to just require that
they have JRE and a browser installed?

I don't see how you will do that without installing some kind of dynamic
webserver on each PC, whether that be apache-hpptd, tomcat, or other, plus
the web application (which needn't be servlets, it could be perl based). And
if you are going to do that, what's wrong with installing tomcat?

Tomcat meets your needs - the user can just click on a desktop shortcut
which points to the http url of the home page of the app and voila, the app
starts.