I can get SSL to work on Tomcat,  but I can't get it to ask for me to
choose which certificate
to use (I have several).  I have no problem getting Resin to work by
inserting
     <authenticate-client>true</authenticate-client>
into the resinconf file.  Then the browser (IE or netscape) allows the
user to select
one of the certificates..and all is well.

With Tomcat, I inserted
            <Parameter name="clientAuth" value="true" />
            <Parameter name="secure" value="true" />
into the server.xml, not sure what each does (does anyone know?)
and a window comes up, but no certificates are displayed and then
it fails without a certificate.

Anyone know what is going on.

thanks,

jim