I'm not certain if setting keep-alive will speed things up, but since you have
a firewall you should probably use it.

>From the documentation:

socket_keepalive False
This directive should be used when you have a firewall between your webserver
and the Tomcat engine, who tend to drop inactive connections. This flag will
told Operating System to send KEEP_ALIVE message on inactive connections
(interval depend on global OS settings, generally 120ms), and thus prevent the
firewall to cut the connection. To enable keepalive set this property value to
the number greater then 0.
The problem with Firewall cutting inactive connections is that sometimes,
neither webserver or tomcat have information about the cut and couldn't handle
it.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, May 24, 2005 12:12 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: isapi_redirect performance issues

I did the packet trace and here is some more information:

There are more packets with IIS as compared to Apache – with IIS the response
body is in a separate packet than the packet containing the Status Code 200 and
also I see "HTTP/1.1 100 Continue" messages sent by server to the client. In
Apache the response body is in the same packed at the Status Code 200 packet
and there are no "HTTP/1.1 100 Continue"
packets.

Any help/suggestions/ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks
Ahmed