Exception about class file format would be encountered only if tomcat would be
run on a jvm 1.4 and you deploy a war containing 1.5 compiled classes.

If you run tomcat with jvm 1.5 it should be able to load classes from a war
containing 1.5 compiled classes.
The main problem which could arise is if tomcat 5.0.x uses a java class or
method which disappeared on jvm1.5. Just give it a try :)

Le Jeudi 26 Mai 2005 11:28, Tim Diggins a écrit :
> I'm not an expert, but I believe (from experience & previous googling)
> that tomcat 5.0.x will respond with an exception
> (IncorrectClassFileFormat or something) when it encounters class files
> compiled with jdk1.5, and that thus yes you need 5.5.
>
> There are some recent threads about migrating from 5.0 to 5.5, in
> particular I recall discussion of change of default logging library.
>
> -- Tim
>
> Raverkar, Sachin (Sachin) wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > We are currently using Tomcat-5.0.28 and JDK 1.4.2_03.
> > We need to move onto JDK 1.5. We would build our war file using JDK 1.5.
> > Can we continue to use Tomcat-5.0.28 with  JDK 1.5?
> > Do you see any problem? Are there any known issues?
> > Since Tomcat 5.5 is designed to run on J2SE 5.0 [JDK 1.5] and later,
> > are we required to move to Tomcat 5.5 in order to move to JDK 1.5?
> >
> > - Sachin

David Delbecq
Royal Meteorological Institute of Belgium

-
Is there life after /sbin/halt -p?