I have noticed a difference between starting Tomcat 5.0.28 using the service
and the batch file.
When I run startup.bat, everything seems to be running fine.  I have an ODBC
node defined,
connecting to an Access database, and I have no trouble retrieving the data
through Tomcat.
However, when I start Tomcat using the Windows service, Tomcat comes up without
any errors, but I
cannot retrieve the data from the database.  I get the following error:

2005-06-18 23:13:06 StandardWrapperValve[jsp]: Servlet.service() for servlet
jsp threw exception
com.borland.dx.dataset.DataSetException: General error

I am wondering if it has to do with the user accounts.  I know that in the
Tomcat service
configuration, you can specify the account to log on as.  I have tried entering
in my account
info, but it doesn't seem to make a difference.  Plus, the ODBC node is defined
as a system node,
which should be available to all users.

Anyway, if anyone can offer any ideas, I would greatly appreciate it.  Thanks.

John