Check these:

1. Your browser is accepting cookies
2. Your links are being generated by taglibs that insure the jsessionid is attached if needed. I say if needed because if tomcat is getting a valid session cookie from your browser, the jsessionid won't be added to the link.

They don't both have to be done, but chances of eliminating errors are best if they are. Beyond that, I would have to suspect the way you are trying to access the session attributes either in setting them or in retrieving them. Could you post code snippets that show how you are setting and retrieving attributes?

--David

angelina zh wrote:

Jack,

I dont understand why you keep saying there is nothing worng. The session got
established at the log in page and kept valid in the security re-diredct pages
till the welcome page. Then session got lost. Why there is nothing wrong with
it?

The session id did not get lost, just the http session lost.

Regards,

Angelina

Dakota Jack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
There is nothing wrong. You don't have a new session in your browser.