Oops typographical mistake Its apache 1.3.17

Animesh

-----Original Message-----
From: Todd Pfaff [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, March 29, 2001 12:38 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: Animesh Chaturvedi - US
Subject: Re: Servlets do not run under Apache-tomcat

On Thu, 29 Mar 2001, Animesh Chaturvedi - US wrote:

> I am running Apache 3.1.17 and Tomcat3.2.1 on a unix box and using
mod_jserv
> as connector. and using SSL.

i assume you mean apache 1.3.17.

i posted a similar question yesterday to this list.  my environment is:

linux mandrake 7.2
apache 1.3.14 (mandrake build)
tomcat 3.2.1

i've tried using mod_jserv_tomcat and mod_jk.
when i use mod_jserv_tomcat, something is crashing with a segv.
when i use mod_jk, apache logs an error similar to yours:
File does not exist:
/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-3.2.1/webapps/examples/servlet/HelloWorldExample

can anyone who is successfully running a linux, apache, tomcat environment
please send us the details of your environment, including:
- versions of linux, apache, tomcat
- copies of
  - your apache httpd.conf
  - your tomcat apache config files
    mod_jk.conf-auto
    tomcat-apache.conf
- did you build apache and/or tomcat from source
or did you use the binaries from jakarta.apache.org?

> The jsp are working perfectly, but servlets do not run at all. You get
HTTP

--
Todd Pfaff                         \  Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Computing and Information Services  \ Voice: (905) 525-9140 x22920