With Apache JMeter, they have a proxy that you can use to record a session
with the server, and you can then use that as a basis for load testing and
what not.

What I'm looking for is something similar, but something that I can ideally
place in Tomcat (as a Valve perhaps, or a Servlet filter). Basically,
something that records the entire incoming request and then stores it out in
a format that can later be played back by another tool.

The problem is that we have a server than has a production memory leak, and
the profilers are basically worthless in production.

But if I can place a logger and record a days traffic, and then replay it
against a test server (with all the monitoring etc.), then I can more easily
reproduce the problem without heavily impacting performance of the
production server.

Anyone have any ideas?

Regards,

Will Hartung