I am runing tomcat 5.0 + postgresql. I set my
connection pool in server.xml as:

    <Resource
      name="jdbc/mysource"
      type="javax.sql.DataSource"
      password="xxxx"
      driverClassName="org.postgresql.Driver"
      maxIdle="100"
      maxWait="5000"
      validationQuery="select * from test"
      username="xxxx"
      url="jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/mydb"
      maxActive="100"/>

I call it from my servlet as:

public Connection getConnection(){
        try{
            Context initCtx = new InitialContext();
            Context envCtx =
(Context)initCtx.lookup("java:comp/env");
                DataSource ds =
(DataSource)envCtx.lookup("jdbc/mysource");
                DatabaseManager.initDataSource(ds);
                return ds.getConnection();
            }catch(Exception e){
            e.printStackTrace();
        }

    return null;
}

I use the connection as:

Connection connection = getConnection();

....//jdbc

//I did not call connection.close(). Should I?

Then, I can run my web app. But not for long. I got
the following exception after browse a few pages:

org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot
get a connection, pool exhausted

How can I fix it?

Thanks,