From: "Bhupinder Dhillon" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I have the same bloody problem. The application is a generic form handler that e-mails the form values. Most (all) of the clients expect the values to be in the same order as the form itself.

You are depending on arbitrary browser behavior. As far as I can tell, there's nothing preventing me from writing a browser that, say, alphabetizes the request parameters before sending them to the server.

Yes, most browsers send them in the order they appear in the HTML source, but unless/until some statement about request parameter order makes it into the relevant specification, you depend on that behavior at your own risk.

This isn't something that can be handled by the container-- even if Tomcat stops rearranging the request params, you have no control over the browser implementation.

--
Wendy Smoak