Darryl L. Miles wrote:

Do you have a line in Apache:

NameVirtualHost *:80

I dont think ServerName should have the port number after it. This and ServerAlias are Host: header matching values.

Darryl,

yes I do.

However the ServerName directive I have been referring to in all msgs is the global ServerName directive that comes in much further up the file (example file anyway). The actual Hostname of the machine. It is this name I have been putting into the <VirtualHost> tag as the default VHost.

I.e. It is this name I want the machine to respond with rather than www.... as a default.

I'm beginning to wonder whether this is the right thing to be doing.

--
Kind Regards

Kyle