This is probably an obvious question to most but I am new with tomcat 5.5 so I am still trying to figure things out. I want to create a web project with the document base in /home/tomcat/applications as opposed to the normal webapps folder. This is what I have in my server.xml:

<Server port="8005" shutdown="SHUTDOWN">

 <GlobalNamingResources>
   <!-- Used by Manager webapp -->
             type="org.apache.catalina.UserDatabase"
         pathname="conf/tomcat-users.xml" />
 </GlobalNamingResources>

 <Service name="Catalina">
   <Connector port="8081" />

     <!-- <Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.UserDatabaseRealm"
            resourceName="UserDatabase" /> -->
     <Host name="localhost" debug="0">
           <Context path="" docBase="/home/tomcat/applications/"
            debug="0" reloadable="true" />
     </Host>
   </Engine>
</Service>
</Server>

It works when I point my browser to http://www.myhost.com:8081/ and it shows a customized welcome page from my index.jsp. However, as I understand it, <Context> should now be in its own xml file. I extracted the <Context> content and placed it in context.xml. I placed context.xml in $CATALINA_HOME/conf/Catalina/localhost, restarted tomcat but now the browser shows nothing. I also tried placing it in the conf/ folder but that doesn't work either. Where does the file go?

Thanks for any help in advance.