Simon,

As a relative Tomcat newbie, I can't find anything about how to use two different JDBC sources with the same codebase. I'd like to have two different URLs that use the same classes and JSP pages, but reference two different databases (test and production). Is there a standard way of achieving this?

Shamelessly promoting our own product, you might want to take a look at Qilan. An OS X application, Qilan accesses multiple JDBC database sources and automatically creates all the necessary JSP code. The developer merely creates web pages (webtemplates), with or without specialized tags, then exports them to Tomcat/webapps. If you are using SQL, Qilan handles this as well. Download at:

http://cgs.qilan.com:8080/qilan/Qilanv3Beta

Stephen Caine
CommonGround Softworks, Inc.