Hassan Schroeder wrote on 09/13/2005 12:33 PM:
Vsevolod (Simon) Ilyushchenko wrote:

As a relative Tomcat newbie, I can't find anything about how to use two different JDBC sources with the same codebase. I'd like to have two different URLs that use the same classes and JSP pages, but reference two different databases (test and production). Is there a standard way of achieving this?

Presumably these are two different Contexts; put the appropriate
Resource in each ${context}.xml file...

Hassan,

Thanks! How will different contexts be invoked depending on the URL?

Also, I need to distinguish between the test and production environment in the code to figure out whether emails should be sent or not. Can I detect the current context there?

Thanks,
Simon

--

Simon (Vsevolod ILyushchenko)   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                http://www.simonf.com

Terrorism is a tactic and so to declare war on terrorism
is equivalent to Roosevelt's declaring war on blitzkrieg.

Zbigniew Brzezinski, U.S. national security advisor, 1977-81