Hey Bradley,

a)   mark application as priviliged=true
b)   define and implement your own ClusterMessage
c) via MbeansServer you got the Catalina:type=Cluster,host=localhost mbean and send your
operation ( send(ClusterMessage)).
d)   Register a ClusterListener.
with 5.5.11 you can configure this directly inside Cluster element. with 5.5.9 you must implement you own host listener to register a ClusterListener.

I am motivate to implement a simple sample and add this to the tomcat docs..

Peter

Bradley McLain schrieb:

this is a good question.  i'll be facing the same issue soon.  for
session-based information, your answer is fine, but what about other
types of info, say at the app-level?  in one of my apps, for example, I
can change some config data using a web request, but what if i want to
ensure it is replicated to the other nodes in the cluster?