Unfortunately, I can't give you an answer -
it my well be that my code IS somehow suboptimal, but if the application
runs, all is well, it is just that reload (I'm not sure about start and
stop now) over the manager app.
To be honest, I always waited for the next tomcat release to magically
make it work, but that wasn't the case ;-(

"normal webapp"? I mean I have rarely such a problem with my struts
busines apps, the memory-critical "unnormal" webapp was kind of AI
program needing really a lot of rules and stuff.

Am Dienstag, den 20.09.2005, 22:17 +0700 schrieb NoKideen:
> On Tuesday 20 September 2005 21:11, Sonja Löhr wrote:
> > I know this problem very well, since I worked on a very memory-consuming
> > app where I coulnd't even reload twice. It has nothing to do with ant,
> > and i think I also had such a case with tomcat 5.5  (now working on
> > "normal" webapps ;-)
>
> what you mean by "normal" webapps ? it's a html ?
>
> > Cautiously, I would never reload via manager (or perhaps once) in
> > production.
>
> I'd really confuse, what is the real cause ?
> Its the development (frequently use ant/ web manager ) to reload the
> webapps  ?
>
> or
>
> Garbage collector problem ? every pages of servlet loaded, its use many
> library, Class file, example my own class :
>
> public test servlet extends HttpServlet
> .. doGet(...) {
>       PgInt pg = new PgInt();
>

>       pg.close();